Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Fireflies

I had the opportunity to paint a mural in a music school in our area.  It is called Firefly Music School (http://www.fireflymusicschool.com/ ).  I collaborated with a graphic designer that came up with the images of these fireflies playing musical instruments.  I changed some of the colors that he had originally had incorporated in the image of the band.  I also made the fireflies' faces flesh tone instead of green or another color which didn't suit them.   

I added a band name for the group on the front of the drum and mimicked the typography of the letters that are used in Fireflies' logo.  I thought it would also be fun to make the dot for the I a pair of firefly wings.




 I also made a lot of changes to the girl playing the violin.  The owner of the music school wanted me to make her look more young and "cool", so I gave her a fun school girl outfit with an anime flare to her.  I gave her a rockin' side braid too!  She is much larger than the rest of the band of fireflies, and she stands alone on an opposite facing wall from the band. 
 I finished the mural yesterday and it feels good to be done. I really enjoyed working on it despite one paint mishap I had one day while I was there!  I think the mural adds alot to the waiting room.  It gives it more life and will give children something to look at while they are waiting for their lesson and hopefully make them smile!  Two of my boys have taken lessons there an it is a great place with very talented teachers.  I was glad to be a part of making Firefly Music School a better place!

No comments:

Post a Comment