Monday, September 27, 2010

Where everything makes sense

Ok, so it will be one week tomorrow since I started this blog and it has been really hard to find time to get into my studio.  I had high hopes for this past week but everything else seemed to take over.  I did find one day to do some art and I drew for 4 hours straight.  I don't have a completed drawing yet, although I am going to see if I can finish it tomorrow somewhere inbetween helping in one of my boys' class and my tennis lesson.

 It's hard to eliminate things out of my life for the sake of getting in my studio and I haven't found the best way to do it.  I am going to have to figure out how to prioritize, but for so long it has not been able to be a priority so it might be a struggle starting to make it one. 

I have had an image in my head for a while of women jumping on trampolines so when I was drawing I was playing around with that idea.  Whatever I finish with by tomorrow I will post... finished product or not.  I love being a mother but I have felt a little trapped being taken over by motherhood for so long and I feel like I have slowly been allowed to start jumping.  The freedoms of being a child again seem to surface.  I love being a mother more than anything, but for some reason I had a hard time feeling completely alive when I wasn't able to do all the things that I'm passionate about and that make me tick inside.  It's funny now as I think about it and put all these feelings on paper, because the freedoms are here, but yet I feel trapped by those as well!  I felt so alive this week when I was using my pencil.  It felt like I was in this other place where everything makes sense.  It just felt right...

No comments:

Post a Comment