Sunday, December 12, 2010

Hanging on 'till Christmas



           I forgot to post some baby shoes I made for a few ladies that were at my friend's baby shower so here are a few pictures of them.  They had ordered some shoes from me and these are what I sent them.  I found this really cool asian inspired fabric to make them out of, and lined them in a rich blue.  Since my last post, I have taken a little brake from working on art in my studio.  I have been spending time making some presents for Christmas, and when Christmas is over, it is time to start up in my studio again.  I have also been taking some time to brainstorm about what I want to do for my next pieces. 
           I am tired of cocoons, so I am going to take another direction next.  I also might change mediums a bit, although I am not sure about that.  I feel like I miss drawing on paper, although I love the texture of fabric and all of it's possibilities.  I really don't want to have to matte and frame my work anymore though, so fabric makes it easier for me not to do that!  I will have to play it by ear with the mediums I choose to work with next.  I really want to get out my wax to start up some wax paintings, but I have to build the wooden bases that they go on first, and that consists of help from my husband and time for him to do that... a little hard to come by.  Paper is so easily accessible! 
            In the last pieces I made for the salon, I worked in a way that was less realistic than I naturally choose to work in.  I feel like part of my natural makeup in the way I go about drawing and painting is in a hyper-realistic way, and I didn't work that way in my last pieces.  I really feel like I was trying some different things, but the realism that I love and naturally use in my work is crying to come out again!  I think that will be a part of what I do next.  I will post pictures of my new pieces I did for the gallery as soon as I get some good pictures taken of them.  For the next three weeks, I plan on continuing the brainstorming for my next territory, and making sketches of what I plan on doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment